Sunday, June 03, 2007

Back in the U.S.S........A

Yes, I am back in LA, and tired. I'm going to try to run through my trip on here, sort show by show or day by day. Or maybe interesting event by interesting event. Allright all my shows....
The Montague Arms
Music Center-Foxfest Day 1
Foxfest Day 2
Birdsnest
Amersham Arms
Montague Arms-Birdsnest
Fox and Firkin
Satchmo's
The Kings Cross
Moonbow jake's
New Cross Inn-Earwax show
Tom's party
Hilly Fields Sunrise set
Birdsnest-2 sets
Birdsnest

That's not all of 'em. Hmmm I'll remember later. The flight over was easy, getting into London and down into Brockley was easy. I dropped my stuff at Sylvia's place, where I'd be staying, and met up with Ceri James to get a beer at the Fox and Firkin, and as we walked past the DLR ( one of the local train services, named after David Lee Roth), I hear someone shout " HEATH!, HEATH!" and I see Wilf and Shaun. First day in London, and I get a shout out walking down the street. Oh yeah. So Ceri went to give a guitar lesson, and I walked up to Blackheath to kill some time...picked up a four pack, had a few, checked out all the posh people drinking white wine and eating goat cheese pizza...which isn't pizza, and went back to meet Ceri and some peeps at the Dacre Arms, his local watering hole. As I was waiting I saw a fox...a fox! There are foxes everywhere in south London it seems, and this was my first sighting of many.
I bought a video camera for this trip...the idea being to make a documentary of my trip, and I started realising what a pain in the ass this was going to be. Having the camera out all the time to be ready to film whenever, pulling it out mid conversation and killing the vibe cause people are suddenly being filmed. Much more work than having someone following me around filming all the great things I do. It made me quite self couscous.
I landed on the 2nd, and didn't have my first show till the 5th, so I had time to get over my jet lag and ease in to the heavy drinking lifestyle that would be mine for the next four weeks. All for now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites